Author Topic: AMD and Intels take on the modern view of Overclocking  (Read 1979 times)

Description:

Transk53

• Looking forward to 2013, odd is good :)
AMD and Intels take on the modern view of Overclocking
« on: March 20, 2012, 06:13:02 am »
Nice article from Tech Radar regarding the modern views of the CPU and what it does CC wise. Take note of the modern EFI BIOS imprints that you will find on many modern home Rigs. Some 6 to 7 years ago, Phoenix and such like experimented with EFI. This in itself was akin to being a mini OS. Now the idea is back after being pushed by the likes of ASUS and Gigabyte. A+ will not cover it. However, a good Engineer/Tech knows his BIOS and what to do with it. Modern PIO's take away the hassle and simplify the process, but don't rely on Plug and Pray, EFI BIOS is the future.

Transk53

• Looking forward to 2013, odd is good :)
Re: AMD and Intels take on the modern view of Overclocking
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2012, 08:38:39 am »
Now this made me salivate somewhat. They maybe AMD Engineers, but man o man, what a choice of dies. Nice result too. Many will probably ponder what I mean with this reply. However, long ago AMD decided to learn to break something. That way you learn how to create something that operates at a higher threshold. Man I have been away from this game far too long.

AMD setting new Guiness World Record

Bill

• Administrator
    • The Antique Gique
Re: AMD and Intels take on the modern view of Overclocking
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2012, 08:20:37 pm »
Looks like fun in any event.
"Success is the small voice you hear within,
when you know you have done your best."