Author Topic: Passed Network+  (Read 3170 times)

Description:

jaydot33

Passed Network+
« on: February 23, 2012, 10:27:49 pm »
Just thought I'd let everyone know that I passed my Net+ N10-004 with a 735. (just barely, I know) I honestly sat there thinking that I was going to fail because a lot of the questions were just so new to me. But I stuck with it and just wanted to thank all of you for the encouragement and time you spent sharing your knowledge and resources. Now, on to my Sec+ and A+ and graduating in the next year or so.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2012, 07:15:05 am by Bill »
"When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful."

So, the question is, how bad do you want it?

Transk53

• Looking forward to 2013, odd is good :)
Re: Re: Entry level job prospects/pay potential?
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2012, 05:55:18 am »
Well done matey. 735 is just figure at about 80%, and one you will be able to improve on in three years. Personally, I would advise that you keep the Microsoft Certifications in mind after doing the A+. Mind you, the N+ may allow you to enroll on a MCSE course, but yeah, one for your future. Once again congratulations, should have my A+ by May I hope.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2012, 07:22:12 am by Transk53 »

Bill

• Administrator
    • The Antique Gique
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2012, 06:55:35 am »
As they say, "A pass is a pass". A lot of the other certs will build on the knowledge you gained with this one, so the learning process is far from over. This is a good one to have and may just get someone's attention when you move into the workforce. Congratulations.

Keep us informed on your next goal. Hopefully we can provide a little help.

Cheers,
Bill
"Success is the small voice you hear within,
when you know you have done your best."

jaydot33

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2012, 06:58:53 am »
thank you, thank you. I definitely have Microsoft certs in mind. Personally, my game plan was to get my Sec+ and A+ next, then get some work experience and attempt to get my CCNA then maybe afterwards take a crack at a microsoft cert. In any case hope you do well in your attempts at the A+. Let me know how that goes
"When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful."

Transk53

Re: Passed Network+
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2012, 07:29:49 am »
Action plan includes two weeks of revsion and such like, on my two weeks anual leave in early April. I have to fit everything in to a 60 hour working week. Can get a bit tricky to study sometimes in terms of time mangement. Been I while since I had to study lol

Tag

• CompTIA A+ Certified
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2012, 12:24:23 pm »
Way to go Jaydot. Guess I need to get off my backside and get my A+ scheduled. Everyone here is leaving me behind. Which areas were the toughest? I mean without giving too much info.
'Tis better to keep my mouth shut and be thought a fool,
than it is to open it and remove all doubt.

Transk53

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2012, 01:34:02 pm »
Not really one as such, it is all balanced. I suppose, it does have a software bias, but in the sense that there are three OS'es to contend with. For me, that is a bit weird to go through. Installing an OS is more of a natural extension to me. Thus recollecting the minute details of the process seems pointless, but necessary. One tip I would part with, and whatever your skill level, remember you can never have to much info. It would not be brain dumping, it would be just creating an extension of knowledge yourself. If I get your meaning there.

Tag

• CompTIA A+ Certified
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2012, 01:46:30 pm »
I'm not looking for questions and answers. I have the objectives and my books, and we always have the wiki and Professor Messer. I can find answers on my own pretty well. I'm just curious which areas Jaydot found the toughest.

Transk53

« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2012, 05:01:03 am »
Ah, I thought you were posting in reference to the A+.

jaydot33

« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2012, 08:08:54 pm »
I'm not looking for questions and answers. I have the objectives and my books, and we always have the wiki and Professor Messer. I can find answers on my own pretty well. I'm just curious which areas Jaydot found the toughest.

to be absolutely honest with you, the questions I got stuck with were about 80% scenario based that I didn't even remember precisely from my practice exams. I had a super tough time with routing protocols and wiring standards. As I took the test and even a couple days before while studying for the test, I realized that it's physically impossible to understand EVERYTHING. Just familiarize yourself with as much as you can. Even if you can't understand it 100%, I found that if you expose yourself to it in minimal amounts, you'll be able to recall SOME of it and use logic to narrow it down to the best possible answer. 

Bill

• Administrator
    • The Antique Gique
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2012, 08:51:37 am »
the questions I got stuck with were about 80% scenario based that I didn't even remember precisely from my practice exams.
Legitimate practice exams shouldn't reflect the actual exam questions. Passing this exam using proper resources says a lot about your ability to actually learn the material.

I had a super tough time with routing protocols and wiring standards.
Either of these topics can be enough to make you want to pull your hair out and they're what networking is all about primarily. A lot of this will come to be more second nature as you progress with your studies and gain more hands on experience. There's nothing wrong with having difficulty with topics that are new to you, it's part of the learning process. Good job.
"Success is the small voice you hear within,
when you know you have done your best."

Tag

• CompTIA A+ Certified
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2012, 12:20:01 pm »
I know enough networking to get me by (and sometimes in trouble) around my little home network. Cudos Jaydot.