Author Topic: CompTIA Security+ Resources  (Read 5337 times)

Description:

Bill

• Administrator
    • The Antique Gique
CompTIA Security+ Resources
« on: January 11, 2012, 09:28:39 am »

I've just opened a new page in the Wiki to address the CompTIA Security+ Certification. I've included links to the CompTIA Security+ Home Page, the SY0-301 Objectives, naturally we've included Professor Messer's Security+ Training Course, the MC MCSE Study Guide (SY0-201 version), and a little practice material.

The Antique Gique CompTIA Security+ Resource Page

It may take some time for it to really take off, but we'll continue to add more resources as they become available. If you have resources that you would like to add or would like to see us address specific content, please add your input to the thread below.

"Success is the small voice you hear within,
when you know you have done your best."

Transk53

• Looking forward to 2013, odd is good :)
Re: CompTIA Security+ Resources
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2012, 07:38:31 am »
Just in case this is not included on the wiki and such like, thougt I would include this. It came as part of a mailing list joined by myself when I bought the David L Prowse exam cram A+

Clicky

jaydot33

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2012, 02:31:46 pm »
So I've made use of the MCMCSE and ProProf's practice exam questions and almost have them all memorized. (Not something I wanted to do but my mind tends to memorize more easily than grasp a concept) I don't feel 100% ready to tackle the Sec+ exam yet, any other practice exams you fine gentlemanly scholars can throw my way?
"When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful."

So, the question is, how bad do you want it?

Bill

• Administrator
    • The Antique Gique
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2012, 06:59:45 am »
The Professor's videos help a lot with understanding the concepts, and a little hands-on practice is always good. GoCertify has a few questions (15) and answers with explanations that you might check out. I've added them to the Wiki. I'll take a little time today and see if I can locate a few more for you.

Bill

• Administrator
    • The Antique Gique
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2012, 05:21:09 pm »
I gathered up a few more resources for free practice material and posted them in the Wiki. I believe all of the vendors also have material for sale as well if you desire. I also located a couple of apps for mobile devices that looked rather intriguing for a slight fee.

Security+ Certification Wiki

I'll add more when I can,
Bill

jaydot33

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2012, 12:58:34 pm »
sounds good....i managed to pass the net+ without buying overpriced resources so i'm attempting to go with that approach this time around as well. Plus, Sec+ isn't as broad as the Net+ was so i'm hoping that I can pull the trigger on this within the next two weeks or so.
"When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful."

Bill

• Administrator
    • The Antique Gique
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2012, 02:08:45 pm »
I was looking for material for the Security+ Acronym List today, and I stumbled upon another interesting resource you might want to check out. They do offer a training program for a fee, but there are also several security related articles and videos that can be accessed for free. Granted, they don't focus on the Security+ certification, but might still be worth a look. Added it to the Wiki as well.

365 Computer Security Training

jaydot33

« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2012, 06:07:30 pm »
very useful, thank you! with about 2 weeks left i'm trying to set aside 2-3 solid days to study. Much less than I was studying for the Net+ exam, but i'm still a tad bit concerned with my progress. I'm continually retaking the practice exam questions offered on CompTia's site but i'm not doing so well with those  :-\ Which is leading me to be significantly concerned.

Tag

• CompTIA A+ Certified
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2012, 09:27:39 am »
with about 2 weeks left i'm trying to set aside 2-3 solid days to study
I know this may not be quite what you're looking for, and after seeing what the site has become I'm a little hesitant about directing anyone there, but have a look at ProProfs Security+ study guide. It's designed as a two week tutorial and covers a lot of worthwhile material.

A word of warning though. The study guide focuses on an expired version of the exam and may not be entirely up to speed on the current version. Just the same, a lot of the material is still pertinent. You might have to adjust a little to the new objectives and ignore the outdated material.

At least take a moment to look it over.

ProProfs Security+ Study Guide
'Tis better to keep my mouth shut and be thought a fool,
than it is to open it and remove all doubt.

jaydot33

« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2012, 09:20:37 pm »
with about 2 weeks left i'm trying to set aside 2-3 solid days to study
I know this may not be quite what you're looking for, and after seeing what the site has become I'm a little hesitant about directing anyone there, but have a look at ProProfs Security+ study guide. It's designed as a two week tutorial and covers a lot of worthwhile material.

A word of warning though. The study guide focuses on an expired version of the exam and may not be entirely up to speed on the current version. Just the same, a lot of the material is still pertinent. You might have to adjust a little to the new objectives and ignore the outdated material.

At least take a moment to look it over.

ProProfs Security+ Study Guide

I took the time out for the past 2 or so weeks prior and did just that. I'm going to continually force myself to take the CompTia official practice questions until i pass it (which of course they don't tell you which ones you answered incorrect) and search other resource while attempting to use the book I have which is the Security+ Guide to Network Security Fundamentals Third Edition

jaydot33

« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2012, 11:55:31 am »
and d-day is now set to 8/16....feeling more confident now that I seem to have a better understanding. Hopefully i can ride this out to test day and pass

Bill

• Administrator
    • The Antique Gique
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2012, 01:09:56 pm »
Two weeks left for a bit of hard core cramming. We're rooting for you, keep us informed.

jaydot33

« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2012, 09:48:49 pm »
I've successfully completed all of the test questions within the wiki after a couple days of studying/cramming/practice testing. D-Day is now 2 days away and i'm hoping I'm somewhat prepared. I'll continue studying/cramming/practice testing, and as always, thank you for the resources!

Tag

• CompTIA A+ Certified
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2012, 08:31:45 am »
Good luck Jaydot. Give a shout when you're done, let us know how it went.
'Tis better to keep my mouth shut and be thought a fool,
than it is to open it and remove all doubt.

jaydot33

« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2012, 11:24:34 am »
thank you sir, will do...i sincerely hope i can return with good news