Author Topic: Internet Explorer Features  (Read 1890 times)

Description:

Bill

• Administrator
    • The Antique Gique
Internet Explorer Features
« on: January 02, 2012, 10:31:04 am »

I guess I've been a long-time fan of MS Explorer. My first browsing experiences were managed through a text-based program called Lynx. I was amazed at the volume of information available to me in the comfort of my own home by browsing the Internet through a modem and phone line at a whopping 1200 baud connection.

Then someone told me about a program called Netscape Navigator and how I could download pictures to the screen as well as text. Now that was really cool.

Then I graduated to Windows and began to use Internet Explorer. Seems as though it had some new features that Netscape didn't, and of course it was free with the Windows operating system. I've stuck with Explorer for the most part over the years, and still use it as my primary browser. I guess I did switch to Firefox for a while, tried Opera and Safari, but always came back to Explorer. I suppose it was simply within my comfort zone.

Browsing the web today, I stumbled across an article by S.E. Slack on some of the basic features included in Explorer 8, some that I still haven't used and thought I might share the article with you.

5 ways Internet Explorer helps you get more done

Hope you enjoy it.
"Success is the small voice you hear within,
when you know you have done your best."

Tag

• CompTIA A+ Certified
Re: Internet Explorer Features
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2012, 11:31:31 am »
While we're on the subject of browsers, in case anyone is out looking, here's a link to a list of available browsers. I added it to the wiki as well.

Web Browser List
'Tis better to keep my mouth shut and be thought a fool,
than it is to open it and remove all doubt.

Tag

• CompTIA A+ Certified
Re: Internet Explorer Features
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2012, 08:46:23 am »
I assigned a separate page under the software category in the wiki exclusively to web browsers, then moved the browser listing into it and added additional content pertaining to the use and availability of browser add-ons.

Web Browsers
'Tis better to keep my mouth shut and be thought a fool,
than it is to open it and remove all doubt.