Author Topic: Wiki Issue  (Read 3287 times)

Description:

Bill

• Administrator
    • The Antique Gique
Wiki Issue
« on: December 18, 2011, 09:51:59 am »
We are currently experiencing issues with the login feature of the wiki. The wiki can be viewed, but not signed into for editing, which has made further development difficult. I'm attempting to sort through the source code to correct the issue, but php is not one of my stronger skills. Please be patient.

Bill
"Success is the small voice you hear within,
when you know you have done your best."

Bill

• Administrator
    • The Antique Gique
Re: Wiki Issue
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2011, 12:46:13 pm »

I did manage to at least get the Wiki semi-repaired. Logon from the forum is not automatic for the time being, it must be done manually. If you creat an account, I suggest that you use the same username and password that you do for the forum, that will make things simpler once the features are tied together.

The Wiki is now open for editing. If you would like to add notes or content, feel free. I am backing up the content to prevent any losses through the configuration repairs.

Thanks for your patience,
Bill

Transk53

• Looking forward to 2013, odd is good :)
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2011, 02:45:13 pm »
Can you link the Wiki to these forums? I think would add to members experiance of the site.

Bill

• Administrator
    • The Antique Gique
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2011, 03:02:57 pm »

There's a link in the menu bar above. You'll just have to create an account and login again once you're there. That was one of the features lost with the upgrade. When I first set it up, you login only once for both areas. Still working on it.

Bill

• Administrator
    • The Antique Gique
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2012, 07:00:08 am »
I think that the login issue has now been resolved. Login for the Wiki is established through the forum. Anyone can view the Wiki, but only forum members may edit. Logging out can now be accomplished through either the Wiki or the forum without issues.

On another note, due to the recent influx of unwanted spam, I am considering going back to the member validation process as opposed to an automatic membership acceptance. This may be a bit of an inconvenience for new members, but considering the alternative, might be deemed as necessary. I WILL NOT tolerate spam or otherwise objectionable content.

Thanks for your patience in these matters, and as always, your input or feedback is welcome.

Bill