Author Topic: DDoS  (Read 1648 times)

Description: Petition

Transk53

• Looking forward to 2013, odd is good :)
DDoS
« on: January 12, 2013, 05:29:12 am »
Hi all,

Posting this out of interest to see what you folks think. Personally I believe it is insanity, but is there a sense on truth to this. Not sure.

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/make-distributed-denial-service-ddos-legal-form-protesting/X3drjwZY

Bill

• Administrator
    • The Antique Gique
Re: DDoS
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2013, 07:26:05 pm »
I don't agree with their point of view at all. People should have the right to access any legitimate resource that may be available. A DDos attack is no more an example of rightful protest than cutting another's telephone line to prevent communication or barricading a merchant's door to prevent customer access. And those that have been encarcerated for the act, they knew full well what they were doing. Just my opinion.
"Success is the small voice you hear within,
when you know you have done your best."

Transk53

• Looking forward to 2013, odd is good :)
Re: DDoS
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2013, 08:03:47 am »
Yeah agree. The more I thought about the situation, the more insidious I felt it was. Like over here at work, I recently had to deal with a small contingent of the English Defence League. Because where I work is a private site, the police moved them on that basis. The structure of the right to protest appears to be somewhat warped, as well as exploited to those aims.

To me what Anonymous are doing is tantamount to enciting violence. A DDoS may not be a physical act (depending on one's pov), but a person is acting to do harm and should be treated the same. I do hope that any authorities around the globe are able to prosecute those that hide behind keyboards and bring them out in the open. I would like to one of those so called hackers interviewed by Oprah. That would be fun.