Author Topic: Hotmail Hack  (Read 1453 times)

Description:

Transk53

• Looking forward to 2013, odd is good :)
Hotmail Hack
« on: April 26, 2012, 01:50:00 pm »
Right, I'll get straight to the point. Hotmail got hacked (big story a while back regarding Chinese Hackers), got blocked and the reactivation code could only be sent to a defunct email addy. Had to get the old addy in place as my primary (took 35 minutes, quite quick realy) and the old certification updated. Got code, Vista mail client synched, Hotmail working. Now here is the thing, any contact would be mailed spam. That would include any sites I visist and use the certificate cached. Now, I did anticipate that my Hotmail was compromised during operation. I changed my email addy a while ago. Anyway, thought it would be an outside chance that spammers may get a URL or two. Now the Admin and others are aware. If you use Hotmail, I recommend you change your password now and make fully sure that the secondary contact details are correct. Mine were not and I could have paid heavily for it. We are all in the Digital World now, please take care with your password details and strength. In addition to this, make sure you rotate and change in minor increments to all passwords, but don't get too confident in your passwrords being safe or in a safe. The Digital Bank is awash with Cowards and Thiefs.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2012, 01:51:39 pm by Transk53 »